Countdown to 30th Birthday - Reflection and Wishes

This August, 
If God still allow me to live,
I will turn 30
Gosh...
I feel so old

Feels like "give my 20s back!"
Haha

If I could flash back to my 20s,
Here's the summary:
  • 20: Breakup with my playboy ex-boyfriend
  • 21: Met with my hard to move on ex-boyfriend
  • 22: Promoted as Senior Auditor
  • 23: 1st audit engagement as audit supervisor and went to Papua for 3 months
  • 24: Joined PwC, father died
  • 25: Quarter life crisis! Took a trip to Singapore with my mom and X-Boyfriend, which was the worst decision ever, in Singapore I found out he cheated on me, decided to resign from PwC, first time experienced rejection from scholarships, spent 1 year to run from everything
  • 26: Got myself together, travel to Bali, Lombok, Derawan alone, spend money to just have fun then sober, experienced one of the biggest audit engagement, started managerial, meet my future husband, owned my 1st car, 1st International conference in Singapore, start learning people development
  • 27: Chester Bennington died, spent 2 years not listening to Linkin Park, got engaged, marriage preparation, start healthy lifestyle, get married in Feb 18, just 6 months before I turned 28. Got exposure in audit Government sector which was the biggest pain in the ass of my entire audit experience, half of my team resigned because of my bitch attitude, failed on my first people development project and felt miserable for that
  • 28: Owned an apartment, joined a very valuable training that really change my life and mindset, 1st time to Bali with my team, get up from my failure on people development project, and yet, still give another failure, but didn't feel that miserable anymore. 
  • 29: Another life changing experience, HOUSTON BABY!!! (met a lot of new people, english challenge, learned tons!) Re-applied scholarship, took IELTS prep, another scholarship failure but didn't feel that devastated as prior round. The most chillax period.  Promoted as Partner. Covid19, challenged my leadership related to WFH-WFO things and I can lose weight 13 kilos within 4 months! During pandemic!
Looking back to the past 10 or 20 years...
I felt super lucky and grateful for everything that God has gave to me.
Not everyone can experience or have things that I had.
And I also don't want to compare my achievement with others, because everyone has their own story.
At least, this is mine.
I felt so lucky and grateful.

Even though adulting is hard, boring, tricky, as well as work life balance especially as auditor (just saying)
But finally, I can find my inner peace this couple years. Maybe that's what people say "GROW UP".

At the end of the day, I only have 3 biggest, badass, birthday wishes so far.
Which I really..really..truly..hopefully..God listen and make my wishes come true.
Which are:
  1. HAVE A CHILD (OR TWINS!) - I really want to have kids..I struggle with this PCOS and Type 2 diabetes, and a lil problem in my spouse as well. That's why I try really hard to lose weight, to get rid of those diseases.
  2. GET A SCHOLARSHIP TO CONTINUE MASTER DEGREE OVERSEAS! - Gosh..it's more than 10 times I failed on my scholarship application. I really need to success this time. I really need to find my biggest badass purpose for the environment, not just for my life. Anyone can help?
  3. OWN MY DREAM HOUSE (BUILD/BUY IT) - finding a house that can be your trully home is hard. Not to mention bout the financing. As an accountant, I really careful in making financial decision. The point is: I don't want to involve in long term mortgage loan. No..no.. And since I'm not coming from a very wealthy rich family, I have to work my ass off to get what I want
That's it. Hope you still alive til tomorrow Gita.
To celebrate your birthday.

Comments